On occasion, you’ll need to display information in the sidebar of certain pages that doesn’t need to be displayed everywhere there’s a sidebar. Swapping out a sidebar is an easy process with the Page Builder.
- Select the page to which you want to add the custom sidebar.
- Make sure that Right Sidebar is selected under Layout Options (on the bottom right).
- Scroll down to the Page Builder.
- Select the Sidebar tab.
- Click on the large plus sign to create a new sidebar.
- In the pop-up dialogue box, name the sidebar. (Note: Include the word sidebar in the title so it will be easier to find later).
- Click OK.
- Click on the new sidebar and drag it into the Sidebar column in the Page Builder. It will replace the Main Right Sidebar.
- Publish or Update the page.
- In the dashboard, go to Appearance.
- Select Widgets. Your new sidebar should appear in the list of Widget Areas on the right.
- Click the arrow on the top right of your new sidebar, and the content drawer will appear.
- Drag and drop the Subpages Widget into this space.
- Press Save on the widget.
Final Step – Setting up Your Sidebar Menu
To make pages appear in the sidebar menu, you will need to designate the parent page for each child page (subpage).
- Navigate to the page you want to make into a child page. Click Edit at the top of the page.
- Under Page Attributes on the right, select the parent page from the drop-down menu.
- Under Order, enter a number to set the order in which this page will appear on the subpages menu. The lowest number will appear at the top of the menu.
- Click Update to save changes.