The text widget is one of the most commonly used WordPress widgets that comes with every WordPress installation. It allows users to add text, video, images, custom lists and more to their WordPress sites. It is one of many widgets that the WashU Web Theme offers.
To open and edit the Text Widget:
- Go to Appearance > Widgets.
- Click on the Text widget and drag it to the sidebar or footer where you’d like to use it.
- Click the down arrow to the right of the text widget title.
- Set the text widget title (optional).
- Add the text or HTML code to the box or edit what is currently there.
- Choose the option to Automatically add paragraphs to wrap each block of text in an HTML paragraph tag (recommended for text).
- Click Save to save the text widget.
- Click Close to close the text widget.
- Switch tabs in your browser and preview the results and make changes if necessary.
The text widget can hold a variety of HTML, XHTML and multimedia links and players such as video and object embeds.