Google Webmaster Tools gives you insight into over several aspects of how your site is seen by Google and displayed in Google search results.
Adding Google Webmaster Tools
Once Google Analytics is set up on your website, you can tie your Analytics account to Google Webmaster Tools and get additional information about your site’s performance.
- Log in to your Google Analytics account.
- Select your site from the home page list.
- Click on Acquisition > Search Engine Optimization, then any of the items below (e.g., Queries).
- When you first click into one of the search engine optimization reports, no data will be shown. Click on Set up Webmaster Tools data sharing.
- In Advanced Settings, click on Edit under Webmaster Tools Settings.
- At the bottom of the screen, click on Add a site to Webmaster Tools.
- Click OK on the popup that appears.
- You’ll be taken into the Google Webmaster Tools interface. Click on Add a Site.
- Enter your site’s URL in the popup.
- Select Google Analytics as the method to verify site ownership. You may need to look under the Alternate methods tab.
- Click on Verify.
- The next screen should show a success message specific to your site. If you receive a message that Google was unable to verify your site, follow the instructions provided.