By adjusting the confirmation page settings, you can customize the message users receive or where in your site users are sent after they submit a form. If your site is not hosted on WashU Sites, you can set a confirmation page for your form using the Formidable Forms plugin.
Change the Confirmation Page
- Open the dashboard and click on the Forms option on the left.
- Hover over the form you wish to edit and click on Form Settings. Note: If you are already editing a form, the Form Settings link will appear at the top of the page.
- Click on Confirmations on the right hand menu.
- You have the option of creating different confirmations for your form based on the respondent’s entries to certain fields. By default, there is only one confirmation named Default Confirmation. Click on the name of the confirmation you wish to edit.
- To have the confirmation appear on the same page and in the same location as the form, select the radio button to the left of Text and enter your confirmation message into the text box.
- To send the user to a confirmation page that you have already created, select the radio button to the left of Page and select the page from the drop-down.
- To include automatically responses that the user has entered into the form (e.g., name), you can insert them using the small drop-down menu near the upper left of the text field.
- When you are done editing your confirmation, hit Save Confirmation.