Once your WashU Web Theme website has been set up, you’ll need to establish your home page. Your home page is the page that visitors will see when they enter your root URL into a browser or click on the link in the site title.
Once you’ve created a page to serve as your home page, follow these steps. Note: You will not be able to set the home page until you have published at least one page.
- Go to Settings > Reading.
- Under Front page displays, select a static page.
- Use the drop-down to select the page you want to use as your home page.
- Click Save Changes.
- Navigate to the page you have selected to be your home page and click Edit Page.
- Under Page Heading Settings, select the Custom Settings tab.
- Uncheck the box next to Display Heading Box.
- Click Update to save your changes.