If your site is hosted on WashU Sites, you can insert an image into your footer or sidebar without using HTML code by using the image widget. Learn more about using widgets.
- Under the dashboard, go to Appearance > Widgets.
- Click on the Image Widget under the Available Widgets list.
- Select the sidebar or footer column where you’d like the widget to appear.
- Click Add Widget.
- In the widget, click Select an Image.
- Click on the image in your media library or upload a new image.
- For accessibility, add a description of the the photo in the Alt Text and Description fields.
- Click Insert Into Widget.
- Click Save.