The WashU Web Theme is highly flexible, but we have placed some limitations on the theme to protect its integrity and functionality, as well as ensure both a strong relationship to Washington University in St. Louis’ identity and a consistent experience for visitors.
Elements that Cannot Be Changed
- Header (including Washington University in St. Louis red bar and shield)
- Red bar at bottom of page (@2014 Washington University in St. Louis)
- No logos may be added to the header.
- No logos may be added to the footer.
Certain behaviors are not in keeping with the theme style. As a theme user, you agree to abide by the guidelines:
- Do not include “Home” as a main navigation item. The main navigation bar will include the top-level categories (topics) of content on your website. (The title of your website, in the white header, links back to your home page, so a “Home” navigation link is unnecessary.)
- Do not have too many items in your primary navigation. You will need to limit the number of navigation items so that none wraps onto a second row below the search icon.
- The right-hand menu style is only used for the subpages widget; do not use custom menus in any sidebar widget area.
- Do not add styling for color and nontheme fonts to your content, whether through HTML or copying and pasting from a text editor. If you need to make an alert or call out information, consider using a fancy text box.